We would be happy to talk to you about how the fiance visa process works. We do not charge to give you advice about the fiance visa process. If you decide you would like for our office to handle your fiance visa case we charge a low flat fee of $995.00. We may be reached at 888-801-6558.
How to Qualify for a Fiance Visa
Only a U.S. citizen may file for a fiance visa.
- your must have met, in person within the two (2) years of the date of filing the petition,
unless a waiver is granted;
- You must have the intention to marry;
- You must be legally able and actually willing to conclude a valid marriage in the United States within 90 days after the foreign fiancee’s or fiancé’s arrival.
You must marry your fiance within 90 days of the fiancé entering the United States. Once that is done you would proceed to file for the fiance’s green card.
At the present time it takes between 6-9 months for your fiance to be able to enter the United States on a fiance visa.
Fiance Visa Case Timeline
1. The Fiance Visa case is filed with USCIS
2. The petition is received by USCIS and a Notice of Action is Sent to you.
3. USCIS evaluates the case and approves the case. The first third of the case is done.
4. The File is sent from USCIS to the National Visa Center (NVC) for Processing. A background check of your fiance
is done at this point in the process.
5. The File is sent from the National Visa Center to the embassy or consulate handling your case
6. The Embassy will contact you with instructions on the case.
7 Obtain Medical Exam and other documents
8. Fiance Visa Interview at Embassy. We will prepare you for this interview. (The interview should only take between 15 and 30 minutes)
9. Congratulations the fiance visa was granted!
No attorney-client relationship is established at this point. (However, simply contact our office at 888-801-6558. We would be happy to talk to you about the best way to handle your potential case.) The Law Office of Lawrence Gruner has handled fiance visa cases for over 20 years. We have represented many families from Las Vegas, Nevada.