Green Card For Parents: Top 10 Things You Should Know
This Blog post is titled: Green Card For Parents: Top 10 Things You Should Know.
Green Card For Parents: Top 10 Things You Should Know.
1) Only a US Citizen can file a petition for their parents
2) Only a US Citizen over 21 years of age can file for their parents
3) If a US Citizen is filing for their father, their birth must have been legitimated or they will have to provide documentation of their relationship with their father
4) A US Citizen can file for their mother whether their parents were married or not
5) A US Citizen over 21 is an “immediate relative” of their parent
6) There is an unlimited number of visas for parents of US Citizens over 21
7) A US Citizen child can not file a petition for their parents until the US Citizen Child turns 21.
8) If the parent of the US Citizen entered the USA without legal permission and are in the USA they cannot adjust status unless they are eligible under 245(I). If this is your case, there can be SIGNIFICANT issues so please speak to an experienced immigration attorney prior to doing anything 888-801-6558
9) If the parent of the US Citizen entered on a tourist visa and overstayed that visa they can still adjust status through their child. However, if this is your case, there can be issues so please speak to an experienced immigration attorney prior to doing anything 888-801-6558
10) Proposals have been made to limit the number of visas allowed under this category
This blog article is titled: Green Card For Parents: Top 10 Things You Should Know. If you are hoping to obtain a green card for your parents you should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney. The attorney can look through your case an make sure to help you handle any problem areas before they actually become problems. He can also help you file your case so that there are no delays.
Lawrence Gruner is an immigration attorney with almost 20 years of experience. He would be happy to talk to you about your immigration case. He has office locations throughout California and handles cases in California, the United States and the World. He may be reached at 888-801-6558
|Join Our Mailing List|
For Email Marketing you can trust