Introduction to US Citizenship
The process, or the way we can become a U.S. citizen is through naturalization. This is the most common method and involves you making an application to qualify for US Citizenship, or to become a legal permanent resident (LPR)
Who Qualifies for U.S. Citizenship?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Have you been a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) for at least 5 years?
- If you became a LPR through your spouse, have you been an LPR for at least 3 years?
- Do you have family members that can be included on your application? If you are a US citizen, and your child was born outside the U.S., your child can be included if unmarried and under 21.
- You must be able to read, write, and speak basic English unless you are 55 years old and have been an LPR for 15 years or 50 years old and a LPR for 20 years.
- You will be tested on your knowledge of English as well as U.S. history and government (civics). Start studying as soon as you can.
- You must be a person of good moral character. Those with serious criminal problems need not apply.
- Serving our country in the Military? If you have served for at least one year honorably, you may apply while still serving or 6 months after you are discharged.
Get Qualified for US Citizenship Now
Call the Immigration Legal Experts at Lawrence Gruner Law Firm in Sacramento Today. We’ll supply you with a US Citizenship Application Form, and give you all the information you need on how to get citizenship in the USA today.