How to Bring Your Fiancé to the United States with a K-1 Visa

Free Reports to read BEFORE you decide to file an Immigration case or to hire an Immigration Attorney.
These reports will save you time and money.
Read These Reports to Learn:
How you can always represent yourself in an Immigration Case
That not all Immigration Attorneys are the same
The questions you should always ask your Immigration Attorney before you hire him
How Immigration cases can be needlessly delayed or denied and what you can do to avoid that fate.
How not to rely on advice given by friends, family, and surprisingly Immigration information officers
How every document you file with USCIS can affect you and your family for years.
Little known secrets of fiancé visa and green card interviews from an attorney with 20 years of experience

Our office has 20 years of experience handling fiancee visas. We will bring your fiancee into the U.S. quickly, without delays, and with a money back guarantee<

Call Us For Free Advice at: 888-801-6552

The U.S. government fully understands that it’s a win-win to have families together, so the K-1 visa (aka “Fiancé Visa”) was developed to do just that.  The K-1 visa allows your fiancé (or fiancée) to enter the U.S., get married, and apply for a green card.

The green card permits your spouse to live, work, and reenter the United States; and, while the green card grants permanent residence, later applying for U.S. citizenship is an option.

If you’re thinking of bringing your fiancé to the United States, this article was written for you.  We’ll provide:

  • A checklist so you know exactly what steps you must take to obtain the K-1 visa.


  • Our 5-part guarantee so you can feel comfortable getting help from a qualified immigration attorney if you want it.


How to Bring Your Fiancé to the U.S. – Step-by-Step Instructions

Check off each block as the task is completed.

☐ All K-1 visa requirements are met.

☐  You are a United States citizen and age 18 or older.


☐ You can financially support your fiancé, meaning that your income meets or exceeds income criteria (i.e. 125% above the poverty line.)


☐ Your fiancé has not violated any immigration or criminal laws. (There are restrictions on filing a K1 fiance petition if the U.S. Citizen has committed certain crimes (please call us if you have a criminal history so we can review all options with you.)


☐  You and your fiancé are both legally free to be married (i.e. any pending divorce must be finalized).  You can be related by blood (please make sure that you contact our office, before you file a K-1 fiance visa case if this is is your situation.


☐  You have visited your fiancé in person during the past two years or an exception applies.


☐  File the I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé (K-1 visa petition) with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

☐  Include names of any children (unmarried and under the age of 21) that your fiancé would like to bring into the U.S. so they can enter under a K-2 visa.

☐ Your fiancé and children attend an interview at an U.S. Department of State consulate in their own country.

☐  Upon approval, your fiancé enters the United States within 4 months or gets an extension for an additional 4 months.

☐ Your fiancé’s children either accompany him or her into the U.S. or follow within 1 year.

☐  You and your fiancé get married within 90 days of your fiancé’s arrival in the U.S.

☐  Your fiancé files for an adjustment of status to obtain a green card (lawful permanent residency).

☐  You and your spouse cooperate with any investigation to determine that your marriage is for other than immigration purposes.


Where to Get Help with the Fiancé Visa (K-1 Visa)

We’ve outlined the process for bringing your fiancé to the United States, but we understand that even with our checklist and the educational information provided on our site and the USCIS site, the process remains complicated.

Just one mistake may prevent your family from being together.

Because we believe in bringing families together, we offer a 5-part guarantee.

  • First, you are entitled to a free consultation wherein you can get your questions answered and find out if you and your fiancé qualify for the fiancé visa (K-1 visa).


  • Second, if we take your case and we are unable to get your fiancé into the United States, you pay no legal fees.


  • Third, we will do all the legal work to bring your fiancé’s children (unmarried and under the age of 21) to the U.S. free of charge.


  • Fourth, we will offer you a flat fee for legal services so there are no surprises.  You know exactly what you’ll pay upfront and before you hire us.


  • Fifth, we offer no interest payment plans.

If you would like to bring your fiancé to the U.S. to get married and apply for a green card, our experienced and qualified immigration lawyers can help.  Your next step is to contact our immigration attorneys to get the fiancé visa/K-1 visa process started.  Call (888) 801-6558 now.


The information provided on this site is not legal advice but general information only. Laws can and do change and additional laws may apply in your case. Contrary to what your friends tell you every immigration case is different. Please contact our office to review your matter prior to filing any documentation with USCIS

Lawrence Gruner is a fiancee visa attorney Daly City  with almost 20 years of experience handling immigration cases. He has office locations throughout northern California. His office handles immigration cases throughout California (including San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, San Diego and Sacramento) the United States and the World. You may reach us at from anywhere in the world toll free at 888-801-6558 . You may also email us your questions. Attorney Gruner would be happy to review your situation and all of your options. He can help you come up with a plan for your Immigration case. His office handles green card cases (both family based green cards and business based green cards-please read our blog post titled:”What is the wait time for a sibling of a United States Citizen), K1 fiance visa cases (see our article 10 things to know about K1 visas), naturalization and citizenship cases, E1-E2 investor cases, H1b cases ( visit our blog: How to get an H1b visa)and marriage visa (including K3) cases.

Join Our Mailing List


For Email Marketing you can trust






    [recaptcha class:cct_recaptcha]

    • S. Lucas

      Our experience was amazing. The process was smooth. Larry and Jason helped us every step of the way to get my husband’s temporary visa. When I started getting anxiety about how long it takes, what’s the next step or what if’s, I would call either of them and they had no problems giving me answers. Jason went with us to our meeting with immigration, and made us laugh the whole time. He really helped keep me calm as I suffer from anxiety very badly. A year later, I can still call Larry and ask questions about the next step. I’m very thankful I found these guys!!! Highly recommend them!

    • L. Alvarado Jr.

      I met the love of my life in China. When I was looking for an Immigration attorney to help me get the K1 Visa for my fiance, I was so glad that I found the Law Office Of Lawrence Gruner. Attorney’s Lawrence Gruner and Jason Marachi gave us excellent representation throughout the whole process and got us through the process very quickly and smoothly. It only took six month’s for my fiance to get her K1 Visa and move to the U.S. with me so we could get married and start our lives together. And in another six month’s later, my wife now has her Green Card. I highly recommend this Law Office for your Immigration Law needs.
      Thank you Mr. Gruner and Mr. Marachi!!

    • M. Obregon

      Lawrence and his legal team are stellar. They provided an affordable solution to our immigration related legal issues. My wife and I turned to Lawrence and his team from friends that also had a successful experience. Simply, we all agree that it was the right choice. Everything was completed as offered and his legal advice as a lawyer and a friend is always there. Thank You!





      [recaptcha class:cct_recaptcha]