We would be happy to talk to you about how the fiance visa process works. We do not charge to give you advice about the fiance visa process. If you decide you would like for our office to handle your fiance visa case we charge a low flat fee of $995.00. We may be reached at 888-801-6558.
Only a U.S. citizen may file for a fiance visa.
You must marry your fiance within 90 days of the fiancé entering the United States. Once that is done you would proceed to file for the fiance’s green card.
At the present time it takes between 6-9 months for your fiance to be able to enter the United States on a fiance visa.
1. The Fiance Visa case is filed with USCIS
2. The petition is received by USCIS and a Notice of Action is Sent to you.
3. USCIS evaluates the case and approves the case. The first third of the case is done.
4. The File is sent from USCIS to the National Visa Center (NVC) for Processing. A background check of your fiance
is done at this point in the process.
5. The File is sent from the National Visa Center to the embassy or consulate handling your case
6. The Embassy will contact you with instructions on the case.
7 Obtain Medical Exam and other documents
8. Fiance Visa Interview at Embassy. We will prepare you for this interview. (The interview should only take between 15 and 30 minutes)
9. Congratulations the fiance visa was granted!
No attorney-client relationship is established at this point. (However, simply contact our office at 888-801-6558. We would be happy to talk to you about the best way to handle your potential case.) The Law Office of Lawrence Gruner has handled fiance visa cases for over 20 years. We have represented many families from Las Vegas, Nevada.
In 2019 fiance visa cases are taking about 10 months to complete. This is the time period needed to go through all 3 stages of the fiance visa process. We have had cases that have gone through all 3 stages in less than 10 months this year but those are outliers. At the end of […]
Fiance Visa Form The Fiance Visa form is the I-129 f. The current version of the fiance visa form is 13 pages long . It has a whopping 14 pages of instructions. If you are trying to handle the fiance visa process yourself please confirm that you are using the most recent version of the […]
Q. My U.S. Citizen fiance wants to file a K1 fiance visa for me. I have a little dog who I love very much (she sleeps at the foot of my bed every night) and I want to bring her to the U.S. with me once my fiance visa is granted. Can I bring my […]
Green Card Through Marriage A green card through marriage is a great way to obtain a green card for your spouse. The process for obtaining green card through marriage will depend on where your spouse is located. If your spouse in the United States, you may be able to obtain a green card for […]
Once your fiance visa is granted you should enter the United States. Upon entry into the United States you will have 90 days in which to marry your U.S. Citizen fiance. Once you are in the United States there should not be a reason to delay to get married. The fiance visa is meant for […]