We would be happy to talk to you about how the fiance visa process works. We do not charge to give you advice about the fiance visa process. If you decide you would like for our office to handle your fiance visa case we charge a low flat fee of $995.00. We may be reached at 888-801-6558.
Only a U.S. citizen may file for a fiance visa.
You must marry your fiance within 90 days of the fiancé entering the United States. Once that is done you would proceed to file for the fiance’s green card.
At the present time it takes between 6-9 months for your fiance to be able to enter the United States on a fiance visa.
1. The Fiance Visa case is filed with USCIS
2. The petition is received by USCIS and a Notice of Action is Sent to you.
3. USCIS evaluates the case and approves the case. The first third of the case is done.
4. The File is sent from USCIS to the National Visa Center (NVC) for Processing. A background check of your fiance
is done at this point in the process.
5. The File is sent from the National Visa Center to the embassy or consulate handling your case
6. The Embassy will contact you with instructions on the case.
7 Obtain Medical Exam and other documents
8. Fiance Visa Interview at Embassy. We will prepare you for this interview. (The interview should only take between 15 and 30 minutes)
9. Congratulations the fiance visa was granted!
No attorney-client relationship is established at this point. (However, simply contact our office at 888-801-6558. We would be happy to talk to you about the best way to handle your potential case.) The Law Office of Lawrence Gruner has handled fiance visa cases for over 20 years. We have represented many families from Las Vegas, Nevada.
We receive this question fairly regularly. The answer is, like most things, it depends. Some Immigration Attorneys will provide a 20 or 30 minute consultation to go over your matter for free. The hope is that the attorney will establish a connection with the client, and, if the attorney is able to help, they can […]
How long does the fiance visa process take in 2020? There are several factors that influence how long a given fiance visa case will take. These include overall case filings, which country your fiance resides in, and whether the case has been prepared properly. For many years, for most people, the total time it would […]
The Center For American Progress recently had an article titled: “A Demographic Profile of DACA Recipients on the Frontlines of the Coronavirus Response”. The article states that there are over 200,000 DACA recipients who are on the front line helping America in the battle against Covid-19. These workers include medical doctors, nurses, teachers, and workers […]
In 2019 fiance visa cases are taking about 10 months to complete. This is the time period needed to go through all 3 stages of the fiance visa process. We have had cases that have gone through all 3 stages in less than 10 months this year but those are outliers. At the end of […]